Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Where is the Real Help for the Unemployed?

I recently did a Google search for the top 100 blogs for job seekers. There was a nice list with ratings, etc. When I started looking at some of the sites I was absolutely shocked.

I thought I would be viewing great advice and information where those seeking a new job or a job change could find some solid advice or even help. What a mistake I made.

I looked a numerous sites, some with prominent names and websites to match. Let me give you some examples of what I saw.

One site had a section where unemployed individuals could tell their story. Under each one there was an "advice" section. I thought that was nice and would have some good advice. Most comments were sarcastic and what I would consider cruel. It appeared to me this person was using others bad circumstances for some type of amusement. It made me quite upset.

Another site was specifically for job seekers and advice for them. The best I could find was advice like the 10 things to do with your resume, the 10 dos and don'ts for resumes. It never got better.

I won't bore anyone with other non-information or mis-information I found. I talk with those seeking jobs daily. Most are seeking real help. The internet universe and every virtual and real job watering hole is full of the same advice. Things such as write a great resume, network with others and so on is everywhere. How does that help? As I talk with people they are frustrated completely with resumes that are powerless, cover letters that look like every single other one. They are tired of being told do this, don't do that. Many have taken all the advice to heart and had no results. Why?

Things have changed. Hiring has changed. (I will cover this in another blog) What sort of worked in the past no longer works at all. Leaving ones fate in the hands of HR, recruiters, outplacement companies, etc, leaves the job seeker powerless.

To successfully conduct a job search today one must possess the skills that allows them to be fully in charge of their search and the results. To many it sounds too good to be true or even impossible. It isn't. Like everything one learns skills have to be taught in some manner. There are no courses in school that teach students how to find a job successfully. No one picks it up after school either. That has all changed.

At Career Search Experts we have taken our 50 plus combined years of experience as talent acquisition experts and turned it into material those seeking a job can learn and own the skills. No one will be able to take them away and they will be effective. No more depending on a resume writer, recruiter, web postings or the guys at the water cooler.

Let us show you how. Go to www.careertrackexperts.com and find out how we will teach you the skills you really want that will lead you to the job you seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment